Leonard Cohen, Las Vegas, Caesars Palace Colosseum, November 12, 2009


From November 26, 2009  leonard cohen forum

The position of the front row seat made for an excellent view of Neil Larsen and Rosoe Beck. I tried to keep both in the frame while I was shooting because I never had this vantage at other concerts. Because I was so close to the stage and my camera lens could not open wide enough to capture the whole stage, these videos are basically close-ups.

Some highlights that I can remember:
  • First concert appearance by Roscoe, "The Kid Is Back", Beck's new sexy haircut.
  • Being able to watch the talented virtuosity of Neil Larsen at length. What a delight!
  • LC's "shining, impossible belt buckle" (Tennessean)

TAKE THIS WALTZ
Lovely duet LC and Hattie at 3.48
Intros at the end, Dino applauds Javier Mas

HALLELUJAH
"I did not come to the Palace of Caesar to fool you" 3.52

CLOSING TIME
Good view of Roscoe with his ooh-la-la forelock

I TRIED TO LEAVE YOU, FINAL WORDS
My apologies, I had a few dry desert coughs towards the end but I did not want to stop filming. All the solos were so incredible! And LC's final words were simple but moving.

It was an awesome concert.

From Post on Nov 13   leonardcohenforum

Las Vegas - Another "new song" - Feels So Good


Poster thanks to Cheesecadet

No comments:

Post a Comment