Leonard Cohen Las Vegas - Roscoe "The Kid Is Back" Beck and Other Gems


May 16, 2010  leonardcohenforum

In reviewing my camera memory cards, I discovered a treasure trove of five videos of the Las Vegas concert (Nov 12, 2009). One video in particular is a special delight. I don’t know if anyone else has a video in their private stash, but this seems to be the never before seen video capture of an exciting moment, that was not repeated the following night in San Jose.

After completing Anthem at 5:35, Leonard Cohen segues into a set of particularly gracious introductions of his musicians that climax with a special salute at 9:14 to the newly coiffed musical director, Roscoe, THE KID IS BACK, Beck.


I was so fascinated with Roscoe Beck's new handsome haircut that I kept him in the frame of all my Las Vegas videos as much as possible.

BIRD ON THE WIRE
Perhaps another never seen gem, the patter at the beginning. There is a wonderful exchange between LC and the audience.
LC:     We meet in some unlikely places
Aud:    We love you Leonard
LC:     I’m very fond of you also

THE FUTURE
And maybe a third jewel. I cannot find another video of  The Future from Las Vegas on You Tube.

At 4.15, nice white man dancing by LC and an animated Roscoe followed by the Webb Sisters’ finely tuned choreography removing their jackets, hanging them neatly on the mike stand and their perfectly executed cartwheels.


Set list thanks to Mararten Massa

No comments:

Post a Comment