Leonard Cohen Concert Kansas City, AMC Midland, Nov 7, 2009, more


May 18, 2011
While consolidating my memorabilia from the Leonard Cohen concerts that I attended, I found another Kansas City post in my notebook dated Nov 10, 2009.  This post is in addition to my earlier concert post,  Kansas City AMC Midland, Nov 9, 2009 .
....................................................................................................................................................
Nov 10, 2009
While sitting on the plane to Las Vegas today, I recalled more highlights from last night's Kansas City concert. If I remember things these days, they have to be darn memorable. Two of my notes were about Neil Larsen and Dino Soldo.

Neil Larsen
Interesting that in my own note about Neil Larsen, I used the exact same word as a concert reviewer, he "shone". Sometimes, Leonard seemed to be directing, liaising with him, turning towards him or completely turning his back to the audience, with a nod to Larsen like a cue. That happened in both the blues songs that I have seen, The Darkness and Feels So Good. Neil and Leonard seem to be working closely on these songs.


Dino Soldo



During I Tried To Leave You, when each band member is featured, Dino Soldo was extraordinary. He sat perched on a low monitor speaker and produced the most dazzling, thrilling mouth harp (harmonica) solo. I was lucky to be sitting so close to the stage on that side, otherwise he may have been hard to see, he was so low to the stage. Note to videographers for the next two concerts: Watch for Dino's solos. He has varied the instruments and the delivery in the last three concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment