Leonard Cohen at the Glenn Gould Prize After Party 5/14/12

LC & Robert Kory ...         ................................................LC & a party guest  
(Fran's Restaurant across the street from Massey Hall, Toronto)

June 13, 2012

I did try to crash the after party but was unsuccessful. 

Fran's Restaurant is connected to the hotel I was staying at. There was a sign earlier in the day at the street entrance about them closing early for the party. But there is also an entrance from inside the hotel. I tried entering that door. It was open, but I was greeted on the other side by a very nice security man. Do you have a ticket? No, but... 

Alas, none of my persuasive efforts were successful. However, while I was stalling I could scan the crowd. There were no familiar faces. When I mentioned that, the security man said, "Oh, they're gone. They didn't stay very long.
"

Published on YouTube Jun 12, 2012 by  
Leonard Cohen's song Tower of Song is played to him personally by Lighthouse the night he is awarded the Glen Gould Prize (after party at Fran's on College St, Toronto)



--------------------

  • Photos at the top are video screen shots.
  • Contrary to the videographer's description, this Fran's Restaurant is located on Shuter St, Toronto, directly opposite the main entrance of Massey Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment