Magical Moment - Leonard Cohen Recites One Verse from Hallelujah at Songwriters Hall Of Fame Induction



September 7, 2011

Artisan News Service captured Leonard Cohen's induction speech at the Songwriters Hall Of Fame ceremony on June 17, 2010.

"kd Lang and Judy Collins inducted Leonard Cohen into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame, and he received one of the biggest cheers of the night."

Leonard Cohen's magnificient words and compelling recitation are so moving, it was indeed a magical moment.

There is a verse of Hallelujah that I want to give to you.  It goes like this:
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

ArtisanNewsService - cued to start at 1.51
(Alert: ANS has engineered the audio on that section of the clip and the end result is less than stellar.)


----------------------------------------
  • (YouTube comment by Maetel22)  Oh my God...wen he recited that verse of Hallelujah, i broke down in tears...this song has such a deeper meaning than we could possibly understand...
  • Photo: screenshot from ANS video

No comments:

Post a Comment